Ho’oponopono is the ancient Hawaiian practice of reconciliation and forgiveness. The process of Ho’oponopono cleanses and aligns your genetics and your relationships with other people. Cleaning subconscious debris and programs running your life is the actual Ho’oponopono practice. The process involves repeating the following:
- I am sorry.
- Please forgive me.
- Thank you.
- I love you.
Repetition of these mantras ignites Divine transformational powers igniting a transformational process within the Self. This is exactly what Dr. Hew Len, Hawaii State Hospital staff psychologist for the criminally insane did in the 1980s.
Dr. Hew Len worked at the high security state hospital for violent, criminally insane male patients during the 1980s and began using Ho’oponopono with patients in 1984. By 1987 restraints were no longer necessary because the patients were more peaceful. Eventually, Hawaii State Hospital closed because the patients no longer needed to be there. When asked exactly how he managed to heal violent patients without actually seeing each of them in person (he simply held their case file and performed Ho’oponopono), Dr. Len’s answer was:
“I didn’t heal them . I healed the part ofmyself that created them.” That phrase alone explains the most important presumption of Ho’oponopono: YOU are 100% responsible for everything: everything and everywhere!
Below is the full Ho’oponopono healing technique that I invite you to try this week, this month, and/or this year. Practice it and take notice of how your life and those around you change for the better.
Ho’oponopono Healing Technique:
- Bring to mind anyone with whom you do not feel in alignment with.
- Visualize a small stage located below you.
- Imagine the infinite source of Divine love & healing flowing into the top of your head flowing into your body, filling it up and then flowing out from your heart towards the person on the stage. Ask that person’s Soul Self to receive and accept what they need from this Divine love & healing process.
- Repeat the phrases I am sorry. Please forgive me. Thank you. I love youas many times as you feel.
- After completing the mantra imagine yourself having a discussion with the person, forgiving them, and then ask them to forgive you. Next, imagine a balloon string connecting you two and cut that string of connection visualizing the person returning back from whence they came.
- You may practice this technique with everyone that you feel out of alignment with.
- Finally, when you can think of or see the person again without feeling any negative emotions you know the Ho’oponopono healing happened. Should you continue to feel negative emotions when you think of or see the person, repeat the process again as often as necessary. You’ll KNOW when the healing has happened and all is well.
I am sorry. Please forgive me. Thank you. I Love you.